You are here
McComb Main Branch
The Pike-Amite-Walthall Library System headquarters building is conveniently located at 1022 Virginia Ave., McComb, MS
The building opened its doors in March of 2000 and houses over 100,000 volumes.
"PAWLS" serves the surrounding communities with nine libraries in the tri-county area.
The 21,411 square-foot building is designed to meet not only the challenges of the future, but also the ongoing demands of a growing community.
In 1963 the Pike County Board of Supervisors renovated the old Post Office after the merger of McComb Public Library Association with the newly formed Pike County Library. Mrs. J. T. Lyons was employed to succeed Miss Eula Walker as librarian. Amite County Library joined with Pike County Library in 1965. Mrs. Jane Bryan became director of the two-county system in 1968. Walthall County joined Pike and Amite counties to form the Pike-Amite-Walthall system in 1977. Mrs. Toni James began working with the library in 1975 and became director in 1981. Gabriel Morley became director in December 2006 and Darlene Morgan became the director in 2010.
McComb Public Library
1022 Virginia Ave
Mccomb, MS 39648-3713